August is Pet Dental Month at Berry Vet Clinic and we are pleased to focus on such an important aspect of pet health with an aim to improve all aspects of oral wellbeing.
Four out of five dogs and cats over the age of three years have some sort of dental disease which may go unnoticed by their owners. More importantly, if left untreated, it can lead to other serious health problems.
Pets often don’t show pain. Even pets with sore gums, infected mouths and broken teeth will continue to eat so owners may not see any problems.
So, how can you tell if your pet is in the early stages of dental disease?
- Bad breath
- Red and inflamed gums
- Stained teeth and calculus formation
Let’s not forget our equine friends
Dental and oral problems are not uncommon in horses and many of these conditions lead to chronic pain. As horses have teeth that are continually erupting, small problems can lead to big problems within a short period of time.
Horses should have their teeth checked at least once a year until age six, then twice a year. Only an Equine Veterinarian Dentist has the medical knowledge to understand and treat dental conditions which may affect the horse’s overall health.
Dental month specials!
- Free bag of Hills T/D Dental Care dry food with every dental scale and polish procedure. Choose either 2.26kg for dogs or 1.5kg for cats.
- With all purchases of Hills T/D Dental Care dry food, receive a discount booklet – either $10 off your next five cat T/D purchases or $20 off your next five canine T/D purchases.
- Free travel for all equine dental bookings.
- If you host a dental party for 10 or more horses at the one property, receive a 10% discount off all dentals.